Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Do you use Messenger Plus?

If so, you need to read this petition by Patchou.

Seems that MS Anti-Spyware is wreaking havock on the computers of people using Messenger Plus, because it is seen as spyware by the program. This apparently doesn't happen with any other anti-spyware program, and MS is basically avoiding the issue.

So please read the petition, and sign it if you agree that something needs to be done to fix the problem.

Make sure you read the last paragraph. Looks like if something isn't done.. Messenger Plus is toast.

Link to petition: http://www.msgplus.net/petition.php

I say quit using MS Anti-Spyware. I personally use Ad-Aware and love it.

2 comments:

Headgamer said...

Done. They better not take my MSN Plus! away! I never used MS Anti-spyware anyway... Always went with Ad-aware...

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

hey LSG i was just talking to my boss about this when i came back to work. Back in November i upgraded my MSN to that new feature for the MSN alerts for xbox live and friends list and so on. I noticed my PC got all jacked up with spyware alerts and all these crazy apps. easy enuff i blew out the image and installed a new one. IT techs quick fix to some problems. I didnt have any spy ware stuff cause my network was pretty thorough, Welp when i got back i did it again ( dumb ass ), hehe... and low and behold all the bull crap again infested my laptop. i looked more in depth and that ms spyware that is supposed to help the user just infected my laptop so bad alomost forcing me to buy thier apps to fix something they caused to begin with. eeew!! this pissed me off so bad. I wish i had money to invest in ways to destroy these companies involved or atleast crash thier networks/sites from time to time. The average user wouldnt know how to fix these probles or now how to back track the source of these crazy installs and will submit and buy the apps.