Monday, March 27, 2006

Oblivion................

Ahh... finally. It's here. After waiting what seems like an eternity... it's here.

Do I like it? HELL YEAH! I LOVE it. Small problem tho. One Xbox 360. Four people wanting to play it. What do you do? Buy it for PC... Then you have all the Oblivion you could ever want! And happy, happy people!

There are actually a couple of advantages to each version.

PC Version:
Graphics seem to be sharper (I have an ATI AIW x800 XL) especially with an LCD monitor. We have the 360 hooked up to the projector in the living room, so I can't speak for normal TVs, but it just seems a bit dark and not as sharp on the XB (and yes, I adjusted the brightness.)

Also, the mapping for your 'wheel' is much easier as you use the numbers 1-8 to do so instead of a directional pad.

Xbox 360:

Well, the comfort of your favorite recliner or couch is obviously a huge plus. (I have an office chair with arms and a place to prop my feet at my PC, but most don't so....)

Controlling is simple. It's natural and you don't have to think about it. On the PC, you move using your W, A, & D buttons.. Which as a WoW junkie is completely natural, except that the A & D strafe, and you turn with your mouse. It takes some getting used to for sure. I actually like it, but most probably would not having tried both versions.

Either way, it's a stellar game. It's a must have. Plain and simple.

2 comments:

Antek said...

I want my life back... Oblivion totally owns me right now, helppppp

LSG said...

LOL Well, I have to split my addictions.. WoW/Oblivion.. :-/