Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ghost, spirit, or figment of my imagination?

Couple of goofy things have happened in this house since we moved in back in May of 2000. Maybe I'm just nuts, because as far as I know, none of the other family members have experienced anything.

1. The first fall I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. When I woke up, I heard a distinct creak in the attic like someone had stepped on a beam. At first I tried to shake it off as imagination, then as a squirrel or rat. But there's no way a small rodent like that could make that sort of a noise.

There's only one way into our attic. Through a screwed on panel high up in my daughter's closet. You have to take all of the clothes out of her closet, and I think the shelf, to access it. So there couldn't have been anyone up there.

So true, we could check this one off as overly tired. But it still freaks me out.

2. One morning in the spring of 2003, I got up before everyone else. At the time, my computer sat in a corner in the dining room that allowed you to see the whole living room, where the doors to all the bedrooms are.

So, I'm sitting there surfing on the net... and out of the corner of my eye, I see the back of my youngest son as he passes the stereo speaker heading into his room. At the time, he was sleeping on the bottom bunk in his brother's room. So I figure he's woke up and gone into the room to get a toy or something.

So I'm sitting there waiting on him to come out, but he never does. Several minutes go by and nothing. So I'm wondering what he's up to... I head into the room, only to find NO one there. Both of my sons are still sound asleep in the other bedroom.. and Terry was still asleep, too. Needless to say, it was a little unnerving.

3. Ok.. which brings us to the latest thing. Three nights ago, I'm laying in bed around 1:30am playing a game on my Palm. The lights are off and the bedroom door is closed.

So, I get this sense that something has fallen off of my dresser, which is only inches from the bed (I have just enough room to walk between the bed and the dresser.) At the same time I notice some sort of movement (like something falling) and a almost inaudible sound, but didn't think anything about it. There's always junk on my dresser, toys and whatever, laying precariously that might fall.. maybe a sock or something... so I didn't think anything about it.

So, I continue playing. A little while later I decide I've played enough and I'm gonna hit the sack. So I reach over to turn on the light so I can see where to lay my Palm, and I scratch my arm on an open drawer. I'm like WTH? As I lay there and look at the drawer, I'm completely bumfuzzled. About 30-40 mins earlier, I had gotten up to tell my oldest son to go to bed. And if the drawer had been open then, I'd have noticed it, and shut it. As it would be in my way otherwise. Also, I didn't open the drawer, and in order for Terry to have done it, he would have had to reach over me to do so. But he was sound asleep, snoring even. lol

So I sat there trying to rationalize it.. and never could. I had no reason to have been in that drawer at the time, it wasn't open before. I tried and tried to come up with some reason for it being open.. but never could. :$

So, how the hell did the drawer get open? The door was shut, my husband was asleep and I didn't do it.

So needless to say, I'm a little spooked.

So, the Eddie Murphy skit from his Comedy Concert "Delirious," about white folks not knowing when to get out of a haunted house, is running thru my head:

Black Male Householder : Aw baby this is beautiful, we got a chandelier hanging up here,
kids playing outside, it's a beautiful neighborhood. Ain't got nothing to worry about... I really like this place...

Demonic Voice: Get out!

Black Male Householder : Too bad we can't stay...

LMAO

6 comments:

k o w said...

Time to setup the 24 hour video camera in the living room. Way too many goofy things going on not to. The kid in the bedroom thing gave me goosebumps.

Antek said...

KOW got it right, a camera is the way to go and if you see nothing on film but still notice those freaky things.. call the Ghostbusters

LSG said...

Crash, as much as I'd love Bill Murray to come to my house and act like a womanizing perv, I'm gonna have to pass. LOL

"What did you do, RAY??"

Damn I love that movie. ;o)

Antek said...

that movie is awesome and that whole comedy team from that film was my inspiration for funny when I was growing up

Mister Bones said...

Sounds like it's time to give TAPS a call and let them do all the camera work. Who knows, we might even see you on the Sci-Fi Channel one day!

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I wanted to say, very interesting reading! And freaky! The nightstand thing would have really sent me over the edge, I think. I used to live in a house that was haunted; I had a weight bench in the basement and every time I went down there, the stuff would be moved around (stacked very neatly, my gloves on the bench). Needless to say, I can lift VERY fast, hehe.

Thanks for the entertainment. ;-)